Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It sounded like a good idea....

    I don't know why but I always get these ideas in my head and I'll just keeping on thinking about it until I do it (whatever IT is). But more often than not, I then regret even having the idea in the first place!! Like cloth diapers. I've started cloth diapering Payton just recently. I thought it will save money, it's better for the environment, and it'll make me feel like a good mom. But it's a hassle! Cleaning dirty cloth diapers ain't all it's cracked up to be people. But I will say my daughter looks adorable in cloth diapers. It makes her little baby bottom so cute!! I'm also thinking that one day when she's much older and brings home her first boyfriend, I'll make sure and tell him about her cute little cloth diapered self. Or when I'm much older and I need her to pick out my nursing home, I'm gonna remind her that she was cloth diapered and she owes me now.  It's like an investment.
    Another idea I had was that I was going to make my own cleaning supplies. Again, it would save money and be better for the environment. But that was dumb because Method sells environmentally friendly products and I don't have to stand there mixing vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice together.
    I've also tried the homemade gifts things. I made Clay a Valentine's card with Payton's footprints forming a heart. Oh, it finally turned out cute and sets on his nightstand. But it took 100 tries and red paint was everywhere. Turns out getting your 2 month old child's footprint isn't so easy as Pinterest makes it look.
I have a ton of these ideas that turn out to be more of a pain. Doesn't matter though. Once an idea pops into my head, I gotta try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment