Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Waiting on Thursday...and also my first blog post (ever!)

     I'm completely new to blogging! It has taken forever to fix the layout and the text because I have to hold my 9 month in my lap while doing it! She's spoiled!    
     Anyhoo! So, I'll start by saying I can not wait for Thursday to get here! My husband, Clay,  is a company man and works offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. He works two weeks on, two weeks off. The two weeks on go by A LOT slower than the two weeks home. Anyway, he comes home Thursday, oh yeah!  We've been married a little over a year now and his work schedule has definitely been an adjustment. It's hard juggling three kids and life by yourself! Just having him here makes it all better. Thursday will also be his birthday. I'll take this opportunity to say he will be 33 years old (and five years older than me). :) The kids and I got him an Ipad. Yeah, he already knows because I couldn't keep the surprise any longer. This is a big step for him people; when I met the man in 2011, he had a cell phone with no internet (would this be a non-smart phone?). 
     While I'm waiting on Thursday to get here, I also need to clean the house, do laundry, shave my legs, etc. I'll be honest: none of that really gets done when Clay is not home. Hey, I do enough to get by! Housework gets pushed aside for homework, dance class, church, cooking, etc. Did I mention my youngest is a stage five clinger?  I bribe her with graham crackers just so I can do the dishwasher! As crazy as my life is, I wouldn't change it though. I'm slowly adjusting to living my life in hitches and waiting on Thursday.




No comments:

Post a Comment